It’s February already? Yikes, I’m still adjusting to the fact that we’re in 2018!
Last month, I had an amazing time getting back into school, making new friends, being involved in another blog tour and of course, my birthday.
I also made these resolutions last month:
1. Begin to fully outline my novel, which should take me two-three months.
Yep, I’ve started and I’m having a blast imagining what’s going on and finally making my characters and plot go deeper. It should be done, considering school, at the end of March ready to edit the first draft my novel like I am participating Camp NaNoWriMO in April.
2. Start doing a composition a month.
Yeah, I guess I’ve done that, but really it was a school assignment. I did enjoy it, though and I will definitely try to do another one next month.
3. Start doing Writing Wednesdays to encourage writers.
Yes, I did and although January was busier than I had expected, I was able to do two Wednesdays. Hopefully in February, I’ll be able to do weekly. If not, fortnightly it is. I have some really cool things to share this month.
4. Start encouraging people on social media.
Wow, I ended up encouraging myself with some of the things that I wrote! It was really interesting doing that because I grew more and more aware of what other people think and say than I was at the start of the year.
5. Continue reading No et Moi, and memorize one French song
The French song, yes. No et Moi, no. I find it ironic because I managed to read a few other books, but not continue with No et Moi. Perhaps if I treat it like a novel that I love, and I do when I read it in English, instead of a mini challenge, then I’d read more of it.
So, that’s January done. Now onto February:
- Do some beta-reading that has a deadline for March
- Do some more outlining.
- Actually read, and possibly finish, No et Moi, along with possibly watching a French film.
- Start writing a story for a competition and a possible writer’s collection, both deadlines in March.
- Compose one piece.
- Start planning what to blog about in March + April as well as continue to blog this month.
How about you?
How was January for you?
Do you have any resolutions for February? If so, what are they?